General Terms and Conditions for Exhibitors
These General Terms and Conditions for exhibitors cover the following parties: The exhibitor and The International Protective Security Board (IPSB)
2. Application, registration, and order confirmation
After receipt and approval of an applicant’s completed application form, the applicant is registered as an exhibitor at an exhibition organized by the IPSB. By completing the application form, the applicant declares himself familiar with the objective of the exhibition and agrees to exhibit only those products and/or services that come within the scope of the exhibition.
The IPSB’s acceptance of an application represents a binding agreement for the stand space and rent that are specified in the order confirmation from the IPSB.
3. Eligible exhibits
Exhibits will be limited to companies or products approved by the IPSB. An approved company may exhibit products, equipment, and services. All products, equipment, and services must comply with U.S. law and regulations.
It is the responsibility of the exhibiting company to comply with all of the rules and regulations. The IPSB reserves the right to refuse to rent or terminate a contract at any time if the company does not comply with the regulations. In the event that the IPSB refuses the exhibitor’s application or the contract is terminated, the IPSB shall refund the payments in full, including deposits. Any such cancellation and termination, including a refund of payments, shall not affect the terms of cancellation subject to clause 5.
4. Stand allocation and costs
The IPSB reserves the right to allocate stand space to exhibitors. The wishes of the exhibitor are taken into account as far as possible. The IPSB reserves the right to change the original stand allocation and shall notify the exhibitor as authorized representative hereof.
5. Conditions of payment
Payment is to be made in accordance with the conditions of payment on the exhibit application form.
6. Event modifications and cancellations Cancellations by The IPSB:
The IPSB is authorized to cancel the event due to unforeseeable occurrences, omissions, or accidents (e.g., official measures, industrial disputes, force majeure, etc.) and to retain only such part of the exhibitor’s stand costs as shall be required to compensate the exhibitor for reasonable expenses incurred up to the time of such cancellation. All remaining fees shall be refunded. In the event of cancellation by The IPSB or the organizers, no hotel or airline expenses shall be reimbursed by The IPSB.
7. Cancellations by exhibitors:
The exhibitor may cancel their stand reservations at any time by written notice to The IPSB. The IPSB will refund payments based on the criteria listed below: - Cancellation more than 45 days prior to event start date: 100 % refund - Cancellation between 45 and 30 days prior to event start date: 75 % refund - Cancellation between 29 and 20 days prior to event start date: 50 % refund - Cancellation less than 19 days prior to event start date: No refund
Non-refundable fees, in accordance with the conditions of payment on the exhibit application form, will be withheld to cover administrative costs. Exhibitors are responsible for canceling any other reservation (e.g., hotel or airline reservations) made in connection with the event. The IPSB retains the right to resell any booth canceled by the exhibitor.
Stand space and activities
All stands must be set up and ready at least 30 minutes prior to the opening of the event. Exhibitors are obliged to ensure that the space rented to them is kept clean.
8. The exhibitor is obliged to stay till the end of the show. Dismantling of stand/booth prior to 5:00 pm on 12/9/2022 is prohibited. The space allocated to the exhibitor may not be exceeded in either height or any other dimensions.
9. Any stand space not occupied will be considered a no-show, and the space will be forfeited by the exhibitor. The forfeited space may be resold or used by The IPSB without obligation for any refund whatsoever unless arrangements for delayed occupancy have been made.
10. The exhibitor shall not be authorized to share, sub-let, or assign the stand to any other company or to entrust it to other parties in any other way.
11. The exhibitor shall only be allowed to display and distribute advertising material and to address visitors within his own booth space.
12. Activities at and operations of the booth shall be carried out in such a way that no nuisance will be caused to the event as such or to neighboring booths. In cases to the contrary, The IPSB shall be authorized to exclude the exhibitor from the event. In the event of exclusion, The IPSB will not refund any payments.
13. All exhibition items must be removed from the exhibition area after the closing of the exhibition on 12/9/2022, no later than 8:00 pm. If the exhibitor fails to remove the items by the specified time and date specified, The IPSB is entitled to remove the items at the exhibitor’s own risk and cost.
14. Fire safety regulations
Exhibitors are responsible for knowledge of and adherence to all fire and safety codes and must follow the guidance given by any representative of the event venue.
15. Liability and limitation of liability
The IPSB is only liable for damage or loss to the exhibitor if the damage or loss is caused by fault or negligence by the IPSB. The IPSB is not responsible for the exhibitor’s indirect losses, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of goodwill, loss of profits, etc.
The exhibitor is liable for any damage, including loss of or damage to goods caused either by himself or by any of his assistants to the exhibition venue. The exhibitor is also liable for any other damage arising from the exhibitor’s failure to supervise the space rented by him. The IPSB is not responsible for the exhibited property.
Exhibitors’ complaints in relation to the events and these Terms and Conditions should be made in writing and sent to The IPSB without delay and no later than 30 days from the date of the event.
The IPSB will bear no insurance risk on behalf of the exhibitor. The exhibitor is explicitly urged to make use of his own possibilities of insurance. The IPSB assumes that exhibitors are adequately insured.
Further, exhibitors are encouraged to make security arrangements for sensitive or valuable items. The IPSB will bear no responsibility for the property of exhibitors.
18. Visitors and staff
If no other agreement has been made, admission will only be available to registered visitors and staff of at least 18 years of age. Proof of age may be required.
The IPSB shall not be liable to any visitor for damages he may have suffered due to the behavior of an exhibitor or staff employed by an exhibitor. In particular, the exhibitor and his staff cannot be considered as vicarious agents of The IPSB.
19. Amendment of terms and conditions
The IPSB reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All amendments shall be binding on the exhibitor with the provision that the exhibitor is advised of any such amendment. Any matters not specifically covered herein are subject to a decision by The IPSB.
20. Intellectual property rights
The IPSB maintains all intellectual property and marketing rights regarding the exhibition, including websites, logos, company names, etc.
No other than The IPSB is legally allowed to make commercial use hereof unless consent is given by The IPSB.
If one or more provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found invalid, this shall not affect the rest of the provisions’ validity.
22. Entire agreement and discrepancies
The Terms and Conditions and any document referred to in these conduct the entire agreement between the exhibitor and The IPSB.
23. The Terms and Conditions prevail in case of any discrepancies between these and other agreements between the Parties.
24. Governing law and jurisdiction:
The Terms and Conditions are subject to U.S. law. Any dispute arising in connection with The Terms and Conditions, including disputes concerning the Terms and Conditions’ existence or validity, shall be settled by the courts.