IPSB Guide to Transitioning into EPJuly 5, 2018
EP Shooting ChallengeJuly 22, 2018
Through the efforts of the International Protective Security Board (IPSB) Directors, the IPSB Agenda Working Group, and ideas submitted by the industry, the 2018 Close Protection Conference (CPC) – #CloseProtectionConference2018 – agenda is coming together.
Similar to previous Conferences, the goal is to advance the industry through conversation and education. Many amazing ideas were submitted and we are currently evaluating the suggestions to ensure they meet the philosophy of the IPSB.
Here’s a sneak peek at the agenda; please note we are still lining up speakers and panelists:
- The 2018 CPC will start on Thursday morning (11/29/18), with the EP Shooting Challenge. Protectors from all over the world can come together, discuss the tactical aspects of the job, and compete for bragging rights.
- Thursday evening (11/29/18) will be the Welcome Reception. Attendees can preview the 2018 CPC vendors, reconnect with colleagues and friends, and network with other protectors before the CPC begins. The President’s Reception will be on Friday evening (11/30/18) after day-one of the Conference.
- Starting 11/30/18 – 12/1/18, the CPC will begin on Friday morning with our Opening Ceremony, honoring those who are no longer with us and celebrating their commitment to this great industry.
- There will be two presentations in our Speaker Series. The 2018 Intelligence Briefing will focus on hotspots around the world that may affect tactical operations. The next two full days will consist of panels, Lessons Learned, TAC Talks, and networking.
- The Agenda Working Group is planning some focused panel discussion which may include; Solo Practitioners, Celebrity Protection, and International Security Work.
- There will also be some practical advice during the TAC Talks, on how to conduct a field interview regarding subjects of interest when dealing with stalkers and threat management issues…. and perhaps a practical exercise!
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided both days of the CPC. Additionally, the popular, Career Event will be back. This event will be geared towards new practitioners seeking entry into the industry and open to those looking to transition.
This is not the final agenda. The Agenda Working Group continues to sort through your correspondence to craft another amazing CPC. If you have ideas, please continue to send them our way. If you would like to volunteer at the 2018 CPC please contact with us at the IPSB@outlook.com.
The IPSB is a non-profit organization and the CPC is an event which solely exists to bring practitioners together. So, with the “for and by the industry” mantra, we are always seeking your feedback and ideas. Your voice matters!
The IPSB is looking forward to seeing you all at this year’s conference.
Keep your heads down!